From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qt-mismtach?
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 10:03:44
1 On Thursday, 25 October 2018 04:07:03 BST Andrew Udvare wrote:
2 > > On 2018-10-24, at 23:03, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 > >
4 > > How can I get around this? Removing linguist is not possible since
5 > > being used by a lot of packages.
6 >
7 > You should be able to run:
8 >
9 > emerge -1 linguist-tools
10 >
11 > This should update linguist-tools to 5.11.2.
12
13 Or the sledgehammer approach of uninstalling linguist-tools and then updating
14 world should also work.
15
16 WARNING: I have not tried this method with the linguist-tools package,
17 although I don't recall it ever backfiring on me. Using quicpkg on the
18 candidate package before uninstalling it is a good insurance policy.
21 Regards,
22 Mick