From: James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] amarok can't use mysql collection
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 19:27:13
1 On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>wrote:
2 <snip>
3 >
4 > Amarok, it was nice knowing you. One day you might build and play music
5 > again
6 > on all sane systems out there. Meanwhile, I think I want to hear songs play
7 > so
8 > some other player is going on this machine and you are coming off.
11 I've been fairly happy with Juk - it's already installed if you are running
12 KDE (depended on by the kde-base/kdemultimedia-meta package). It's fairly
13 simple, not nearly as powerful as Amarok, but it's been a decent substitute
14 while Amarok has been having its growing pains... I haven't tried 2.2 yet,
15 but it sounds like there are still a few too many issues... :(
16
17 -James