From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <acaudel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel randomly locking up, no error messeges, no panics nothing.
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 06:17:58
1 Ivan Lucian Aron wrote:
2 > I turned off Preempt Big Kernel Lock earlier today, and haven't had a
3 > deadlock/crash since.
4 > Apparently that solved it.. thanks for the help/support
5
6 I have an AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+ and Have the "Preempt Big Kernel Lock"
7 turned on in my 2.6.19 kernel and have experienced no problems. Don't
8 know if that helps or hurts but just thought I'd let you know.
9
10 Tony
13 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
14 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
15 -- Benjamin Franklin
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list