From: Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fwd: [gentoo-project] With regard to udev stabilization
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:43:29
1 Am 13.11.2012 04:20, schrieb Dale:
4 > -------- Original Message --------
5 > Subject: [gentoo-project] With regard to udev stabilization
6 > Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 21:40:53 -0500
7 > From: Richard Yao <ryao@g.o>
8 > Reply-To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
9 > To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
12 > Richard Yao wrote:
13 >
14 >> Dear Everyone,
15 >>
16 >> It is no secret that many of us are unhappy with the direction that udev
17 >> has taken under the leadership of the systemd developers. That includes
18 >> Linus Torvalds, who is 'leery of the fact that the udev maintenance
19 >> seems to have gone into some "crazy mode" where they have made changes
20 >> that were known to be problematic, and are pure and utter stupidity.'
21 >>
22 >> https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/10/2/505
23 >>
24 >> After speaking with several other Gentoo developers that share Linus'
25 >> concerns, I have decided to form a team to fork udev. Our plan is to
26 >> eliminate the separate /usr requirement from our fork, among other
27 >> things. We will announce the project later this week.
28 >>
29 >> I understand that the council is scheduled to vote on a topic related to
30 >> udev stabilization. Would it be possible to delay the vote for another
31 >> month so that we have time to get organized?
32 >>
33 >> Yours truly,
34 >> Richard Yao
37 > Well, it appears we have someone willing to fork udev. Yeppie !! Me, I'm looking forward to seeing how this works and giving it a test run when it gets ready. Since it is a fork, shouldn't be to long, I hope.
38 >
39 > I wonder what they will name it tho.
40 >
41 > Dale
42 >
46 What about gdev (gentoo dev) :)