From: Michael George <george@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] man pages not displaying right - SOLVED
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 13:25:54
1 On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 08:20:44AM -0400, Michael George wrote:
2 > I noticed today that my man pages aren't displaying correctly. Whenever
3 > I view one, I see the ESC codes rather than seeing bold fonts, etc.
4 >
5 > I don't remeber when I last used man and it displayed correctly, but I
6 > can check back 2 weeks this evening.
7 >
8 > I have tried several terminals (xterm, gnome-terminal, konsole) and all
9 > have the problem.
10 >
11 > Would this be a tercap problem? Unicode issue, perhaps?
12
13 It was /etc/man-conf. A change in the NROFF definition caused the
14 problem. Running dispatch-conf didn't prompt me for the config change,
15 so I ran etc-update this time and found it.
16
17 Hopefully this will be helpful for someone.
20 -M
21
22 There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
23 Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list