From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: amarok can't use mysql collection
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 00:07:33
1 On Monday 16 November 2009 21:26:02 Doug Hunley wrote:
2 > On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 03:24, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
3 wrote:
4 > > Does anyone here successfully use amarok-2.2.0 with mysql-5.0.84-r1?
5 >
6 > I haven't had any issues w/ amarok 2.2.0 and mysql 5.0.84-r1 (once I
7 > figured out how to get amarok to _not_ use the embedded mysql)
8
9 That's a common complaint about amarok lately. The devs reckon they must use
10 multi-user mysql because it's almost impossible to get sqlite to do it
11 properly and totally impossible to get it to do it remotely.
12
13 This puzzles me. How many users out their use their music player in multi-user
14 mode with a collection db on a remote machine? Apart from LTSP installs, I'll
15 bet it's none. And LTSP is better off using mpd, so why didn't the amarok devs
16 simply include mpd support?
17
18 To answer your question, does Settings -> Collection -> enable check box &
19 fill in bottom half of dialog do what you want?
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com