From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] package version notification (~/+)?
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 14:48:05
1 At Tue, 04 Jul 2006 16:09:35 +0200 Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
2
3 > On Tuesday 04 July 2006 14:21, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >> Good find.  I saw some posts here using it and wondered why the same
5 >> "typo" appeared.  I just checked the portage man page, which describes
6 >> the various package.* files, and this usage of `~' is not documented.
7 >> Should I file a documentation bug?
8 >
9 > It's in `man 5 ebuild`.
10
11 I see. I guess this is a change in the new portage. I *believe* that
12 previously the operators were explained in man portage, but I see now
13 that not even the old operators = >= <= are there but instead we are
14 referred to ebuild.
15
16 For my previous msg I just searched for ~ and didn't think of the
17 possibility that all the operators moved.
18
19 My error, sorry.
20 allan
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list