From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] surface ntrig touchscreen
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2016 20:22:40
1 On Jun 4, 2016 8:04 PM, "Bill Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
2 >
3 > Has anyone been able to get the surface pro ntrig touchscreen to work
4 > ... and if so how?
5 >
6 > MS recently changed from the wacom to a ntrig touchscreen (they
7 > apparently bought the company!) for the latest pro models. The kernel
8 > guys have a surface3_spi module being worked on which I have patched
9 > into 4.6.1 ... but neither dmesg or lspci still shows a ntrig device.
10 >
11 > BillK
14 Depends what you expect to use it for. Linux software is playing catch up.
15
16 I would pass the hardware to a Windows VM and use the software that can
17 take advantage of it.
18
19 This is a great place for FOSS development if anyone has the resources.
20 Currently I am unable to afford a Surface.
21
22 Sid.