From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing specific layman packages & eix-test-obsolete
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 14:45:12
1 On 12/09/2012 11:10:52 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 8 Dec 2012 22:13:16 -0800, Grant wrote:
3 >
4 > > This really freaks out eix-test-obsolete. Does anyone know of a
5 > way to
6 > > install only certain packages from a layman overlay and
7 > > use eix-test-obsolete?
8 >
9 > I don't add such overlays to make conf. Instead, I symlink
10 > directories for
11 > the packages I want into my local overlay.
14 I did that, too. But it has become more difficult now. E.g. the
15 'progress'
16 overlay uses new EAPIs and new eclasses which even pull in incompatible
17 packages, e.g. blas.
18
19 I haven't found a way to handle that by symlinks of similar methods.
20
21 Helmut.