From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Optional /usr merge in Gentoo
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 15:29:16
1 Am 19.08.2013 22:40, schrieb Alan McKinnon:
2 > On 19/08/2013 16:20, Alecks Gates wrote:
3 >> All I do is add one extra line (for
4 >> example - "dracut -H --kver=3.11.0-rc6") to my kernel install
5 >> procedure.
6 >
7 > Precisely. It's not hard, it's actually almost automatable.
8 >
9 > It's vastly simpler than configuring a kernel, something we all seem to
10 > take in our stride and wear as badges of honour. It's arguably even
11 > easier than figuring grub out the first time through.
12
13 As I mentioned some weeks ago I also have my quick-and-dirty script that
14 runs the stuff necessary ... instead of using genkernel I "forked" (a
15 big word for my messed up script) some parts of it and it works fine so
16 far (throws quite some errors that just don't matter).
17
18 Maybe some good examples would help? At least for the people unsure
19 about generating the initramfs and/or dracut?
20
21 Stefan