From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Oddity in eix database
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:48:29
1 Hello list,
2
3 What's gone wrong here?
4
5 $ eix-test-obsolete
6
7 No non-matching entries in /etc/portage/package.keywords.
8 No non-matching entries in /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords.
9 No non-matching entries in /etc/portage/package.mask.
10 No non-matching entries in /etc/portage/package.unmask.
11 No non-matching or empty entries in /etc/portage/package.use.
12 No non-matching or empty entries in /etc/portage/package.env.
13 No non-matching or empty entries in /etc/portage/package.license.
14 No non-matching or empty entries in /etc/portage/package.accept_restrict.
15 No non-matching or empty entries in /etc/portage/package.cflags.
16 The following installed packages are not in the database:
17
18 virtual/-MERGING-perl-CPAN-Meta-YAML
19 --
20 [...]
21
22 I have no YAML installed, virtual or otherwise. Running as root makes no
23 difference. I run eix-update as part of my daily sync.
24
25 It'd be good to remove the offending entry, even though it seems to be doing
26 no harm. How would I go about that?
29 Rgds
30 Peter.