From: Lord Sauron <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Beautification - Splash
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 19:03:03
1 Hello once more.
2
3 I was good this time and did look through the documentation. In order
4 to get the "beautification" on Gentoo I wanted (the nice graphics
5 during the install and stuff) I researched it and installed
6 splashutils. However, installation wasn't enough. There's a way to
7 activate it. I found how to choose which theme I wanted - it was
8 rather straightforward, a symlink to a folder. However, I don't know
9 how to really activate the darn thing such that it'll work. I went to
10 the software's homepage and found a installation document which
11 basically said that it differs from distro to distro. If there were
12 instructions for me, I didn't see them.
13
14 Anyways, I hope you can help me here. I hope I'm not all that
15 annoying, either. I know I am rather elementary, however, I was a
16 good Dark Lord this time and I did do my homework and tried my best to
17 work the problem by myself before asking for help - I really did!
21 GCS d-(++) s+: a? C++ UL+>++++ P+
22 L++ E--- W+(+++) N++ o? K? w--- O? M+
23 V? PS- PE+ Y-(--) PGP- t+++ 5? X R tv-- b+
24 DI+++ D+ G e* h- !r !y
25 ========= END GCv3.12 ========
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list