From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LibreOffice and openldap
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 19:43:15
1 On 07/25/18 10:22, mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com wrote:
2 >
3 > It seems to me that gentoo should behave the same way using the global
4 > flags,  Isn't that the point of having 4 billion flags, more than any
5 > human could remember and keep track of.  Are they all documented
6 > somewhere, anywhere?  i've seen the official list, a bit sparse on just
7 > what they do and why you would want to use some of them.
8
9 I don't know about a global list (and I've found some global flags that
10 could be used aren't used on some packages, leading to two flags that do
11 the same thing) but using `equery uses <package>` is usually detailed
12 enough to figure out what they do on a per-package basis.
13
14 Dan