From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kmail storage of TLS certificate
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 16:06:12
1 On Saturday 14 August 2010 01:00:57 Dale wrote:
2 > walt wrote:
3 > > On 08/10/2010 11:53 AM, Mick wrote:
4 > >> ...
5 > >> Any idea how I can reset this certificate as far as Kmail is
6 > >> concerned? When
7 > >> has it stored my clicking to save the acceptance of the certificate
8 > >> and how
9 > >> can I reset this?
10 > >
11 > > Maybe my alpha-test version of thunderbird is broken (it often is :)
12 > > but I
13 > > don't see any replies from the kde regulars in this group. Hey! Wake
14 > > up!
15 > >
16 > > Back in the good old 3.x days I tried kmail and liked it a lot.
17 > >
18 > > Then came the dark days of 4.x and I had to escape from kde before the
19 > > last
20 > > bit of my sanity failed me.
21 > >
22 > > I seem to recall a submenu in kmail that let me manipulate
23 > > certificates, much
24 > > like mozilla, and now thunderbird. Is my memory failing me again?
25 > > Maybe the
26 > > menu disappeared with 4.x?
27 > >
28 > > You need a kde guru like Dale or Alan. Hey! Wake up and answer the
29 > > question!
30 >
31 > Dale gave up on Kmail a looooong time ago. I like the way Seamonkey
32 > does mail so I sort of stuck with it, although the upgrade form 1.x to
33 > 2.x was touchy.
34 >
35 > I did read somewhere where someone else was having issues but I'm not
36 > sure it is the same thing. It may have been on the kde mailing list
37 > tho. Maybe someone can search the archives and see if they find
38 > something? I'll try to search later but got some things to do plus it
39 > is stormy here. No rain for a month so not complaining about mother
40 > nature's tummy rumbling. lol
41 >
42 > Dale
43 >
45
46 I think that Walter is referring to Kleopatra. I couldn't find the mail
47 server certificate in there. This was the first place I looked. I also used
48 gpgsm -k just in case Kleopatra was being difficult, but nothing was shown in
49 there either.
50 --
51 Regards,
52 Mick