From: Pariksheet Nanda <pariksheet.nanda@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 64-bit Firefox + java?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:43:50
1 Use icedtea from the java-overlay. Works beautifully for me on ff3
2
3 Pariksheet
4
5 On 1/22/09, Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 > On Donnerstag 22 Januar 2009, Grant wrote:
7 >> >>>> I recently switched from firefox-bin and nspluginwrapper to 64-bit
8 >> >>>> firefox and the latest flash, and I just realized java no longer
9 >> >>>> works. Do I need to go back to firefox-bin and nspluginwrapper for
10 >> >>>> java to work?
11 >> >>>
12 >> >>> Which java are you using? Sun's java didn't have a 64-bit browser
13 >> >>> plug-in until very recently.
14 >> >>>
15 >> >>> http://blogs.sun.com/joshis/entry/finally_it_s_here_java
16 >> >>
17 >> >> That sounds great. Is it set up in portage yet? If so, can you tell
18 >> >> me a package name?
19 >> >
20 >> > Not that I know of, it hasn't been released yet (still beta). I've
21 >> > read on the www that you can extract just the libnpjp2.so file from
22 >> > the archive and drop it in on top of your current sun-jre
23 >> > installation, then make a symlink to it your firefox plugins
24 >> > directory. I haven't actually tried it as I can't remember the last
25 >> > time I ran into java on the web.
26 >>
27 >> Thank you, I'll keep an eye on that.
28 >>
29 >> - Grant
30 >
31 > or just use konqueror which does not need java-plugin to display&use java
32 > since it can use java directly.
38 Sent from my mobile device