From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to degrade Gentoo system with webrsync method?
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 12:08:00
1 On Sun, 9 Jan 2022 at 12:48, gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > The problem is that I do not know how to sync my Gentoo repository
3 > to the state it was on 12-12-2021.
4 >
5 > I use webrsync sync method via "maint -A sync" and would prefer
6 > to use the same sync method for degrading my Gentoo system.
7 >
8 > Can anybody, please, tell me how to do it using this sync method?
9
10 This is probably not possible at all using any of the tools available.
11 These tools only support downloading the latest snapshot to get you up
12 to date. Additionally, most mirrors only keep snapshots of the last 7
13 days or so, so it would take some (possibly futile) effort to find a
14 snapshot of the date you need.
15
16 The only option, as far as I ca nsee, is to migrate your portage tree
17 to git, where you can specify a commit that you want to sync to from
18 the wanted day.
19
20 The better option would of course be to figure out why your tensorflow
21 compiles keeps failing, if that is possible.
22
23 Regards,
24 Arve