From: Michael Hennebry <hennebry@×××××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to properly change CFLAGS ?
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 23:36:44
1 On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Richard Fish wrote:
2
3 > > What would break with -Os that wouldn't break with -O2?
4 > > I was under the impression that both flags only allowed
5 > > changes that didn't affect the output.
6 >
7 > No, the output *is* allowed to change based on -Os, -O2, or -O3. This
8 > is the entire point of optimizations, after all. What is *not*
9 > allowed to change is the ABI.
10
11 I should have been clear. I'd meant the output of the compilee,
12 not the compiler, though obviously time-sensitive things will change.
15 Mike hennebry@×××××××××××××××××.edu
16 "it stands to reason that they weren't always called the ancients."
17 -- Daniel Jackson
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list