From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: dis-functional error from emerge -vuDN
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 01:38:44
1 Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > reader@×××××××.com wrote:
4 >> It never really says where the code it presents is to be found but I'm
5 >> guessing it would be the files under /etc/security
6 >> all those files are commented out except namespace.init that has this
7 >> line uncommented:
8 >> exit 0
9 >> Maybe something needs to be uncommented in one of them.
10 >
11 > /etc/security isn't the only place to look. I use PAM on my mail server
12 > and IMAP server, and I had to change some files in there that used the
13 > old way. Do you have a mail server that uses PAM? Do you have a web
14 > server that uses PAM? Any other services?
15
16 Randy, I responded to this quite a while ago but do not see that
17 response here.. Looking locally I don't see a saved copy so I must
18 have closed the program I was writing from another desktop or
19 something.
20
21 Thanks for your input but I don't think that was the problem.
22 I do run a local webserver (home lan) and run sendmail which isn't set
23 up as a server though.
24
25 Further, the output of `equery files pam' only shows two places where
26 configs might be. The update site referred to in the error message
27 doesn't tell where to look or if so I missed it
28
29 Anyway a grep in /etc/pam.d for any of the modules mentioned in the
30 error shows nothing but a few commented lines all in /etc/pam.d/login.
31
32 grep -r 'pwdb\|radius\|timestamp\|console'
33
34 # If you want to enable pam_console, uncomment the following line
35 # and read carefully README.pam_console in /usr/share/doc/pam*
36 # session optional pam_console.so
37
38 Now the good part:
39 `emerge -vC pam' followed by a continuing of
40 `emerge -vuDPN world'
41
42 Seems to have gotten over the pam hurdle.
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list