From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Working thru fresh install Gentoo as vbox guest
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 13:37:08
1 Jonathan Callen <jcallen@g.o> writes:
2
3 >> In case any one knows the likely problem and where to look in
4 >> config, I have posted the .config file at the URL below: (Installed
5 >> kernel is 3.18)
6 >>
7 >> zeus.jtan.com/~reader/vu1/disp.cgi
12 > The most likely culprit that I can see is:
13 >
14 > # CONFIG_KEYBOARD_ATKBD is not set
15 >
16 > This controls the traditional PS/2 keyboard support (as well as the
17 > older AT keyboard, which used the same protocol, but a differently
18 > shaped connector), which I believe is what VBox emulates (as just
19 > about everything supports having a PS/2 keyboard).
20
21 Bingo, thank you sir and also for the full explanation of what it does.