From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] checking for.....
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 19:12:16
1 In the middle of doing a major upgrade from very old pkgs to current
2 2008 and compiling lots and lots of stuff.
3
4 Seeing that line `checking for WHATEVER' go by 486,211 times so far
5 makes me wonder if there wouldn't be someway to cache all those
6 answers somewhere so whatever test is done for each line could be
7 dispensed with for most of them. Probably would need more than 2-3
8 compiles to have all but rare ones answered.
9
10 Some items really check a lot of things.
11
12 I think it would be a major time saver when discussing huge numbers
13 of compiles.
17 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list