From: Claudinei Matos <claudineimatos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] tun/tap - ifconfig tun0 - device not found
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 22:29:36
1 Hi guys,
2
3 I'm trying to use tun/tap to assign some ip to my server (since I'll need it
4 to my LVS solution) and I think it's a trivial task to put tun to work, but
5 I'm trying in 3 different machines (with 2 different kernels) and in both
6 they when I try to ifconfig tun0 I get the follow message:
7 tun0: error fetching interface information: Device not found
8
9 Well, I'd try to look if is something wrong with my kernel configuration but
10 is everything ok since it just need tun/tap support to be compiled (I did
11 tried both module and built-in).
12
13 /dev/net/tun is a valid character device with 10, 200 (major/minor)
14
15 the both kernel I'd tried are 2.6.16-gentoor3 and 2.6.16-gentoo-r9.
16
17 so where the error?
18
19 tks in advice,