From: Michael Jones <gentoo@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Tinderboxes?
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 14:36:02
1 On Wed, Apr 22, 2020, 04:46 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Tuesday, 21 April 2020 23:36:21 BST Michael Jones wrote:
4 > > On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 5:02 PM Gregory Rudolph <rudi@×××××.net> wrote:
5 > > > I would also offer up some computing power for that, on VMs, or
6 > physical
7 > > > hardware with different configurations. I'd like to be more involved
8 > with
9 > > > the Gentoo Development community, but time is rarely ever on my side.
10 > > >
11 > > >
12 > > > Best wishes, gentoo's not dead,
13 > >
14 > > Right, I'm sitting on several big-beefy x86_64 machines (They're older
15 > > machines, but they check out...) that typically are powered off.
16 > >
17 > > I would be happy to donate CPU cycles from one of them.
18 >
19 > Have you thought of contributing their power to BOINC projects? There's a
20 > wide
21 > choice.
22 >
23 > https://boinc.berkeley.edu/
24 >
25 > "BOINC is an open-source software platform for computing using volunteered
26 > resources."
27 >
28 > --
29 > Regards,
30 > Peter.
34 They don't have GPUs (headless servers) so the calculations they can manage
35 for boinc are going to be on the lower end. If it works similarly to
36 folding at home.
37
38 Not a bad suggestion. But at the moment I'm.more concerned with Gentoo QA