From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Monitoring temperatures
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 23:39:16
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Friday 20 March 2009 21:14:26 Grant wrote:
5 >> I have another dead power supply and/or another dead motherboard in my
6 >> Gentoo router. I've tried to make that system as silent as possible
7 >> and I wonder if I'm paying the price. How do you guys monitor system
8 >> temperatures? Is lm_sensors the way to go? How do you keep an eye on
9 >> the temperatures of multiple local and remote systems?
12 > I use gkrellm. Very nice.
17 Doesn't gkrellm do remote monitoring too? If so, it has a alert feature
18 or used to anyway. You could use that if it still exists to alert you
19 to high temps.
20
21 My personal favorite tho, smart fans. My CPU has a sensor under it and
22 varies the CPU fan with temp. I have done the same with my case fans
23 and it works pretty well. One spinning at a good rate is best tho just
24 to keep air flow at all times.
25
26 Dale
27