From: Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, gentoo-china <gentoo-china@××××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to get microphone work in gentoo?
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 13:59:33
1 On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 9:54 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >  Intel HDA here. Mic input on my works fine.
3 >
4 > 1) Make sure mic volume is up and mix is not muted.
5 >
6 > 2) Compile Alsa as modular. Almost always works better and is
7 > recommended modular by Alsa developers over the years.
8 >
9 > The one thing that hasn't worked for me so far is passing the mic
10 > input up to to VMWare's sound card. Audio works fine - I can hear
11 > Windows apps - but Windows apps don't receive my mic.
14 thanks man, Thomas from gentoo-china helped me solve this problem. the
15 problem is that i did not enable the 'CAPTURE' function of my record
16 device. the record device should be set list this in the alsamixer
17
18 https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=c262ed02b8&view=att&th=1280bfbaf4fe4fbd&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_g84gy3tr1&zw
19
20 use 'SPACE' to toggle the capture.