From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Converting to mirror - filesystem maintained or need to restore
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 09:14:34
1 On Sat, 18 Mar 2017 13:29:36 +1100, Adam Carter wrote:
2
3 > IIRC when you add a device to a mirror say with;
4 > mdadm --create --verbose /dev/md127 --level=mirror --raid-devices=1
5 > --force /dev/sdb3
6 >
7 > I thought the filesystem is maintained and so /dev/md127 should be
8 > immediately mountable, however, it doesnt mount.
9 > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/md127,
10 > missing codepage or helper program, or other error
11
12 You have created a block device at /dev/md127 but you haven't created a
13 filesystem on it, there's nothing to mount.
14
15 Unless you are trying to add a device to an existing array, in which case
16 you shouldn't be using --create.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 I locked my coathanger in my car; good thing I had a key.