From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] equery caching?
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 07:11:17
1 Catalin Grigoroscuta wrote:
2
3 >> I've just rebuilt my system without "motif" use flag (with emerge
4 >> --newuse, etc).
5 >> Everything works fine, except that equery shows stale data.
6 >> For example:
7 >> 1. "equery depends emacs" shows openmotif as dependency, but emacs is
8 >> rebuilt without motif USE ("emerge -pv emacs" clearly shows this).
9
10 The depends query shows all depends regardless of whether they are enabled or not (by USE flags).
11
12 >> 2. "equery hasuse motif" also shows emacs
13 >> Is there any caching done by equery? How can I invalidate it?
14
15 The hasuse query shows all USE flags regardless of whether they are enabled or not.
16
17 There is no cache, it queries the database directly.
18
19 > I did not use esync, I did not even know about it, and I do not recall
20 > seeing it in install docs...
21 > It is quite strange why equery (which is in gentoolkit package) relies
22 > on eupdatedb (which is in esearch package), and gentoolkit does not
23 > depend on esearch.
24 > If it were not for your answer, I wouldn't have known about esync and
25 > eupdatedb.
26 > I think maybe the install docs should be updated, or at least put
27 > esearch as a dependency of gentoolkit.
28
29 Gentoolkit and equery do not depend on esearch.
30
31 > Even with eupdtaedb, same result.
32 > I think this might be a bug in equery. Should I put it in bugzilla?
33 > Here is the proof for what I think is a bug: see the output of "equery
34 > hasuse motif" and "equery uses emacs". The results are contradictory.
35
36 I explained this above. If you file a bug then AFAIKT it's a feature request.
37
38 Zac
39 --
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list