From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where do these use flags come from?
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:04:14
1 Bo Andresen wrote:
2 > I decided I wanted to remove the ipv6 use flag which I have had enabled in
3 > make.conf for quite a while but never really been on a ipv6 network and don't
4 > suspect I will in the near future. When upgrading firefox I noted it has that
5 > use flag and decided I want to know what it actually does. Only, I cannot
6 > find it anywhere in the ebuilds! So where does it come from and what
7 > *exactly* does it do?
8
9 Looks like you've already been answered. However when the ipv6 flag
10 first hit the scene about two years ago it seemed to cause a number of
11 weird problems so I disabled it on most machines. I'm not sure if that's
12 the case today, but as always you're better off disabling something if
13 you're not using it.
14
15 kashani
16 --