From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is 'MAKEOPTS="--jobs --load-average=5"' silly?
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 02:44:41
1 On Mon, Mar 25 2013, Dale wrote:
2
3 > gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
4 >> Also I am somewhat surprised you can run libreoffice with
5 >> MAKEOPTS="-j4". I seem to remember that being one of the ones I had to
6 >> degrade. Thanks for the tip, I will use it. allan
7 >
8 > I update libreoffice whenever it needs it and I have this setting:
9 >
10 > MAKEOPTS="-j16"
11 >
12 > It hasn't failed me in a long time, except for the time I ran out of
13 > space. Maybe things have been fixed so it can build with that setting
14 > where it couldn't before? May want to try it sometime when you got time
15 > on your hands.
16 >
17 > Dale
18