From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --depclean wants to remove gentoo-sources
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 20:06:19
1 On Wed, 14 May 2008 13:02:28 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > Has emerge --depclean always removed older gentoo-sources or has
4 > something changed? I don't remember this operation. Maybe I'm
5 > forgetting something I already know on this subject but I'm drawing a
6 > blank this afternoon.
7 >
8 > I'm curious if there is a way to mask package from --depclean
9 > removing them. In this case it wants to remove my running kernel tree
10 > before I've updated to a newer kernel.
11
12 It's a recent change, where it now want to remove all but the newest
13 version. You can fix this by adding specific versions to world, or by not
14 running --depclean during a kernel upgrade.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Top Oxymorons Number 45: Resident alien