From: Gregory Woodbury <redwolfe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ATLAS@home and VirtualBox
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 23:54:21
1 Is the "user" boinc runs as in the vboxusers" group?
2 By default, boinc runs as a non-root (daemon?) user and if its group is not
3 in the vboxusers group,
4 VirtualBox will not start or run for the user.
5
6 The recommended workaround is to run boinc as a real user (generally "you")
7 so
8 that things operate properly. Additionally, the actual way that the cernvm
9 runs can change "just a bit" and it will upset the balance of getting VBox
10 to run
11 boinc tasks.
12
13 On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 5:40 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>