From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo on a kvm - can't install kernel sources
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 17:37:22
1 On 25/08/13 at 07:01pm, Michael Mair-Keimberger wrote:
2 > Thx for crosschecking.
3 >
4 > Well it looks like docs are out of date, 256MB ram is definitely not enough. I
5 > already though about to extract it here and than copy it to the vm.
6 > However, uploading uncompressed kernel sources would take quite some
7 > time over my slow internet connection and i really wanted to avoid that.
8 >
9 > Anyway, either copy or buy a better vm. I guess i'll gonna make my own vm
10 > at home and copy the full system over...
11 >
12 > thx
13 > mmike
14
15 Alternatively you can build the kernel and maybe bin packages of things
16 that are too heavy to compile on the VM and just copy those.
19 - Yohan Pereira
20
21 The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
22 between a mermaid and a seal.
23 -- Mark Twain