From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fc-cache
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 13:12:05
1 On 25 Aug 2009, at 23:26, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > ...
3 > I use Icewm and X.org as desktop environment.
4 >
5 > Ending my work with a command like
6 >
7 > sudo halt
8 >
9 > from a terminal window results in no problem at all.
10 >
11 > But:
12 >
13 > When I do something like:
14 >
15 > aunpack mysourceproject.tar.7z; cd mysourceproject; \
16 > ./configure && make && make install; sudo halt
17 >
18 > switch off my monitor and go to sleep, cause this will run for an
19 > hour, and start my box next morning again, all fonts, which are
20 > defined via xorg.conf are displayed in a very tine shape.
21
22 Um.... sorry if this is a dumb question, but does the `sudo halt`
23 actually run? Here that would be sitting waiting for me to enter a
24 password (but your /etc/sudoers may be configured differently).
25
26 Stroller.