From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do you handle new Xorg + nvidia + ~x86?
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:22:02
1 On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:28:24 +0200
2 Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > > > remove the blocker? the current nvidia-drivers work fine, if you
5 > > > add -ignoreAbi to your X-start script (like kdm conf).
6 > >
7 > > So the nvidia people say. Though I can confirm that in my installation
8 > > it doesn't work. It just lockups (and yes, I am sure that X composite
9 > > was off, because I always have it off).
10 >
11 > and I can confirm, that it works very well. With composite turned on. ut2004
12 > and vegastrike-svn. Without lockups.
13 >
14 > --
15 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
16
17 Well, that means "it works for me", which is not_equal to "it works".
18
19 That doesn't justify an advice like the one you gave above, because
20 it could be a problem for that person. At least, a warning should be
21 given, and that's what I did.
22
23 In any case, something I wouldn't recommend anyway, since, regardless
24 if it works on a punctual case or not, the only truth is that if you
25 update Xorg the ABI will be broken. Plus, what's the need to upgrade?
28 Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj@×××××.es>
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list