From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: [gentoo-user] mpv upgrade warning
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 16:40:20
1 On Sun, 20 Sep 2015 13:45:18 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > One of the OED definitions of readable is "interesting or pleasant to
4 > > read". I stand by my original statement, argumentative pedants
5 > > notwithstanding. :P
6 >
7 > I agree with you. It's Alan I called a pedant for trying to split hairs.
8
9 I know, a wonderful case of the pot calling the kettle black :P
10
11 > I had a trial version of OED* on my mobile, but it was not good so I've
12 > reverted to Chambers, which includes "legible" as its first definition
13 > of Readable, and "clear enough to be deciphered" as its first
14 > definition of Legible.
15
16 I have a proper printed OED, all 1800 pages of it. It's a few years old
17 so doesn't include words like selfie or twerking, but I get by with it.
18 It's main use is for dealing with would be pedants ;-)
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Top Oxymorons Number 37: Sanitary landfill