From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] eth0 and eth1 unwanted autoconfiguration
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 22:40:49
1 Hello all,
2
3 Does anyone know why my eth0 (wired) and eth1 (wireless) interfaces are
4 getting started and autoconfigured at boot despite not being present at any
5 runlevel in rc-update?
6
7 They are getting configured with the settings in conf.d/net, whether or not
8 eth0 has a cable plugged in, and whether or not the firmware is loaded for
9 eth1 (it is a PCMCIA device). Obviously, these settings are bunk...
10
11 I am not sure what info I should put here to diagnose this:
12 gentoo-sources-2.6.14-r5
13 baselayout-1.12.0_pre16-r3
14
15 Again, net.eth0 and net.eth1 are not shown at _any_ runlevel when I run
16 'rc-update -s'.
17
18 thanks,
19 -d
20 --
21 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
22 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
23 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972