From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A Theoretical install Question
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 08:28:15
1 On Tue, 22 May 2007 16:42:38 +0900, burlingk@×××××××××.mil wrote:
2
3 > > I don't think you'll need much processing power to
4 > > parallel-fetch. I do it on every computer with a fast enough
5 > > internet connection. The real limit is disk and network for
6 > > downloading, not at all processor.
7
8 > I think RAM is an issue also. I have been messing with a laptop with
9 > 512MB
10 > of ram, and it is nowhere near as quick as what I am used too. ^^;;
11
12 parallel-fetch needs significant amounts of neither RAM nor CPU power,
13 all it needs is enough to run an instance of wget in the background.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Committee (noun): A life form with six or more legs and no brain.