From: Tamer Higazi <th982a@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Interesting portage upgrade
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2021 10:49:50
1 Hi Peter,
2
3 You are not the only one I saw these phenomes.
4
5 What I also figured out, that "blocks" before an portage upgrade also
6 had been resolved completly.
9 best, Tamer
10
11 Am 26 Jun 2021 um 09:57 schrieb Peter Humphrey:
12 > Hello list,
13 >
14 > This is just an observation.
15 >
16 > I update the rescue system on this box weekly. Today, portage version 3.0.18
17 > wanted to upgrade itself to 3.0.20-r6, plus 31 other packages, and remerge 16
18 > others. After saying No and emerging portage, those 16 remerges were not
19 > included: just the 31 upgrades.
20 >
21 > This is the first time I've witnessed a real difference in portage's behaviour
22 > between versions, as far as I can remember.
23 >
24 > As I said, just an observation.
25 >