From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Floppy Disk Light
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 22:41:08
1 On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 17:16 -0500, Randy Barlow wrote:
2 > Not a big problem, but I just did a new install and my floppy disk's
3 > light seems to always be on. This is weird. Any ideas why?
4 >
5 > R
6
7 I had this problem about a year ago. It was because the driver for my
8 floppy drive wasn't being modprobed. When the grub screen came up, my
9 computer would still be testing the floppy drive, so the light would
10 stay on until I rebooted the computer. After I discovered that I needed
11 to modprobe the drive, the light went out. Another fix (though less
12 convenient) is to stay at the grub screen until the floppy light goes
13 out...
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list