From: Gregory Shearman <zekeyg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] About ready to move /usr, /var and /home to LVM.
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 04:42:54
1 In linux.gentoo.user, Dale wrote:
2 > I have ran into a issue here. I copied everything over to sdb, my temp
3 > drive. When I try to boot it, it still boots from sda which is the
4 > primary drive. I can not get it to boot from the copy. I did update
5 > the fstab file to point to the new sdb partitions, I use labels for that
6 > and they have different names. I also edited grub and told it root was
7 > sdb2. When I boot, everything mounted is sda.
8
9 Did you actually install grub onto your MBR by either:
10
11 # grub-install --no-floppy /dev/sdb
12
13 or
14
15 # grub
16
17 grub> root (hd1,0)
18 grub> setup (hd1)
19 grub> quit
20
22
23 You didn't actually write down these steps. Are you assuming that we
24 know you've done that?
27 Regards,
28 Gregory.