From: David Corbin <gentoo.org@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] etc-update
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 21:56:17
1 On Thursday 29 June 2006 12:09 pm, A. Khattri wrote:
2 > On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, David Corbin wrote:
3 > > > I don't see why use other tool. Etc-update works great...
4 > >
5 > > It works great, But the interface sucks.
6 >
7 > What exactly sucks? Be specific rather than making some vague sweeping
8 > statement.
9
10 The action selection using numbers instead of mnemonics. Use of negative
11 numbers is particuarly bad. After selecting a file to diff, there is not a
12 option to "replace without prompting".
13
14 I wonder if something could be done with digital signatures, so that it only
15 pestered you about files you've edited.
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list