From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] vim-in-pine problem
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:14:54
1 I'm having a problem when composing mail in a ssh session since I
2 upgraded the remote kernel to 2.6.17-gentoo-r8 (I had 2.6.17-gentoo-r7 before).
3 I'm using vim to compose a message in pine and suddenly it stops
4 responding (nothing happens, whatever key I press). I have to kill the
5 session (by killing the window). On the other hand, if I use the embedded
6 pico to compose, there's no problem. Moreover, I had several ssh sessions
7 active, and they responded as usual, so it's not as the connection went
8 down...
9
10 I always compose messages this way and never had this kind of problem. It
11 happened twice since yesterday, when I upgraded the kernel (can figure out
12 what else can be...). The local kernel is the same (and it was upgraded
13 some time ago).
14
15 Is there something I can do to try to find the culprit? (Using pico is a
16 real pain, I'm already tired after writing this message!)
17 --
18 Jorge Almeida
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list