From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FEATURES="test" -- Should this work?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 18:58:37
1 On Dienstag, 26. Juni 2007, Mike Edenfield wrote:
2 > I recently enabled the "test" feature on Portage and notice that a
3 > couple of packages routinely fail their test phases. Is this expected
4 > behavior? More specifically, should I file bug reports if I see such
5 > failures? These are unstable packages (so far) and if this will help
6 > get them out of ~x86 I'll gladly figure out what failed and file reports.
9 a) don't use test. It is just a waste of time. For some packages 'test' takes
10 way more time than compiling and installing.
11
12 b) don't be scared - a lot of packages have failing tests - for some tests it
13 is even the right thing when they fail, others are just broken in the
14 test-department. As a rule of thumb: for everything outside of sci-* test is
15 a useless waste of time...
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list