From: Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange problem with urxvt
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 19:11:22
1 On 10/03/2011 10:54 AM, Allan Nielsen wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > First of all, sorry if this is not the right forum to post this question.
7 > I'm having a strange problem with urxvt on one of my computers.
8 >
9 > When I uses a command which type some text on the screen and then waits
10 > for input, the text does not appear in urxvt until I resize the window,
11 > or forces an redraw in other ways.
12 >
13 > It works fine with other terminal emulators, and urxvt works fine on my
14 > other computer (with the same settings).
15 >
16 > I'm using gentoo, xmonad and urxvt
19 > Does any of you have a clue on what might be my problem?
20
21 I have a similar problem with xterm in KDE using radeon. Is that your
22 environment, too, Allan? (You should have provided your X version and
23 video driver information in your question, BTW.)
24
25 I see it across the board on radeon only, though, with X 1.10.4. I have
26 "focus-follows-mouse" and I just mouse out and back to my xterm and it
27 redraws. It seems any xterm-type terminal does the same thing. I don't
28 think I have ever had the problem with konsole, though.