From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] In the fear of getting hacked (WLAN setup)
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 03:35:05
1 Hi,
2
3 in order to connect my ASUS Memp Pad 7 ME176CX to the internet I need
4 a working WLAN (my DSL router/modem is of the copper area - no
5 Wifi/WLAN). The hardware (an USB dongle) is already there...it needs
6 "only" be configured and setup.
7
8 The problem I (possibly needless) see is: While I am tinkering and
9 testing the configuration I may setup an open Wifi access point
10 without noticing it in first glance and
11 BANG! get hacked ... in the worst case: unrecognized...
12
13 What is the "best practice" here?
14 Is there a certain independant configuration, which I can set,
15 which prevents this scenario?
16
17 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
18 Best regards,
19 Meino
20
21 PS: If one knows the ASUS Memo Pad 7 ME176CX and knows a
22 way to locally connect this tablet to the internet...this
23 would be a way to go also. I would appreciate any hint in
24 this case (Using Lollipop 5.0).