From: Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jgonzalez.openinput@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] USB digital video capture from camcorder?
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 21:57:47
1 Hi there,
2
3 I've recently purchased a Panasonic GS75 (MiniDV) camcorder and I'd like to
4 download and edit videos on linux (if possible). The camera comes with an
5 USB cable, so I tried to find something to get the videos out from the
6 camera. The recommended application for this seems to be kino, but it seems
7 that is only able to capture from ieee1394 devices, is this correct?
8
9 So, is there any way to capture or download videos from the camera using the
10 provided USB cable? Should I buy a DV cable (the camera has DV output)?
11
12 Thanks in advance, best regards
13 Jose