From: "András Csányi" <sayusi.ando@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome3 hotkey for searching in overview
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 19:56:23
1 On 1 December 2011 20:01, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 10:51 AM, András Csányi <sayusi.ando@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Dear All,
4 >>
5 >> To be honest, I've never thought that I'm going to say that gnome is
6 >> fantastic. I was always xfce and KDE user and I never was not able to
7 >> understand the philosophy of Gnome. But, Gnome3 is amazing! Simple and
8 >> easy to use. Not to mention that it has eye candy in a good way and
9 >> doesn't eat my machine against KDE4.x.
10 >>
11 >> But I don't know what is the hotkey for reach the "Type to search..."
12 >> searchbox in overview. I've spent a few hours to find it without any
13 >> result. Can somebody tell me what is the shortcut?
14 >
15 > Mmmmh. You use the Windows key to bring the overview. The moment you
16 > start to type something (anything), the "Type to search..." searchbox
17 > catchs the key press immediately. There is no need for a shortcut.
18
19 Waaahhhhhh! :) It's so obviously simple!
20 Thanks! :D
23 - -
24 --  Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)  -- http://sayusi.hu --
25 http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
26 --  ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell