From: Peter Kelly <linuxpete@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Allmost freakin' done.
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 05:45:48
1 Holas.
2
3 I did the gcc upgrade. Most stuff works, but there are a couple things to put
4 to bed. During the days long emerge of system and world, and the subsequent
5 reboot, things are the same. From what I know, this is what's changed, in
6 addition to new compile.
7 baselayout 1.12.0_pre11-r3
8 udev 077-r4
11 1. bringing up /dev/rtc/ takes about 8 secs to come up when rebooting. Prior
12 to the latest changes, it would pop up its changes just as fast as any other
13 service.
14 2. Networking complains about missing netmask and broadcast modules. When
15 the script think it's done, I have both eth0 and eth0:1. I'm not running
16 DHCP for this device. Everything continues to work, so it's not a huge
17 problem, just something I hadn't seen before.
18
19 I'd appreciate a couple of suggestions.
20
21 And finally, how can I make a reply from Knode actually follow the list?
22 Following mailing lists in a news reader is so much easier. I've got all the
23 accounts/users set up correctly (I think). I did it in the past.
24
25 Thanks.
26
27 Peter