From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Orphan e-mail message in kmail
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:33:44
1 On Tuesday 24 February 2009 18:53:39 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > You are probably using maildir for your mail - it's the default. Shut
4 > down kmail completely. Go to ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/<folder>/cur,
5 > and delete the actual file. grep can help you find it even if only by
6 > identifying the files that isn't it.
7 >
8 > Then delete the relevant index files in ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail.
9 > Your inbox for example is called .inbox.index.* and there will be three
10 > of them.
11 >
12 > Restart kmail, it will rebuild it's indexes and all will be well.
13
14 That did it - thanks.
15
16 > > I suppose I could delete my home directory, create a new one and import
17 > > kmail's stuff from the old to the new, together with other
18 > > applications' stuff, but I don't know any way to import filters, and
19 > > anyway it's an awful fag.
20 >
21 > Don't delete your home dir! kmail keeps it's mail there and you will lose
22 > the lot.
23
24 Slip of the tongue (pen? fingers?). I meant I'd move the home directory, not
25 remove it.
26
27 Thanks again, and to Volker.
30 Rgds