From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Some problems I've been having
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 18:01:16
1 On Friday 03 November 2006 15:32, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2
3 > I don't see anything in that output that tells me why it's freezing. the
4 > camel_exception_get_id thing is kinda ominous, but I think it always says
5 > that when I start it from the terminal. Also, is there a way to find out
6 > if my firewall is actually running at any given time? I use ipkungfu, but
7 > when /etc/init.d/ipkungfu status says it's running, I can't find anything
8 > in ps about ipkungfu or iptables. Is there a way for me to know for sure?
9 > Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated...
10
11 With regards to your problems I am not sure I can offer any advice (other than
12 running revdep-rebuild). With the iptables you can run iptables -L -v to see
13 if appropriate rules are active, or if your chains are empty and lsof to find
14 out if a particular file accessed by the binary in question (see man lsof
15 which is quite extensive).
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick