From: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Dual-monitor setup changed after update - Monitors "half" swapped
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 09:56:48
1 Hi,
2
3 Yesterday I did an "emerge --update --deep --verbose --reinstall changed-use --with-bdeps y world --pretend" as usual (about two weeks since doing the last one).
4 During this upgrade a few X-related libs and programs got updated (list below). After this upgrade I have a strange problem with my dual-monitor setup - the monitors are "half-swapped".
5 Let me explain what I mean with "half-swapped":
6 I have two monitors setup on my system, acting as one big desktop (KDE by the way).
7 On each monitor I have some icons and widgets (different icons and widgets on each monitor).
8 Before when I moved my mouse to the right edge of the left monitor and it "continued" over to the left edge of the right monitor (as you normally wold would have it in a dual-monitor setup).
9 After the upgrade it is like this:
10 On each monitor the "correct" icons and widgets are there (the icons and widgets of my left monitor is still on the left monitor, and the same for the right one).
11 BUT: Now I have to move my mouse to the left edge of the left monitor to have it to "jump" to the right edge of the right monitor. This is a little bit "confusing" to say the least.
12 What I also have noticed is the the KDE-Pager shows the open windows on the "wrong side" of the "desktop-icon".
13
14 Here is the list with the updated packages:
15 x11-base:xorg-drivers-1.13
16 x11-base:xorg-server-1.13.0-r1
17 x11-drivers:nvidia-drivers-304.60
18 x11-drivers:xf86-input-evdev-2.7.3
19 x11-drivers:xf86-video-nv-2.1.20
20 x11-libs:cairo-1.10.2-r3
21 x11-libs:libXaw-1.0.11-r1
22 x11-libs:libXfont-1.4.5-r1
23 x11-libs:libXrandr-1.4.0
24 x11-libs:libdrm-2.4.40
25 x11-libs:libvdpau-0.5
26 x11-libs:libxcb-1.9
27 x11-libs:pixman-0.28.0
28 x11-libs:xcb-util-0.3.9
29 x11-misc:xkeyboard-config-2.7
30 x11-proto:dri2proto-2.8
31 x11-proto:randrproto-1.4.0
32 x11-proto:xcb-proto-1.8
33
34 Anny suggestions?
35 --
36 Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
38 This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!